Sunday, March 26, 2006

SharePoint 2007 in October?

I know this is not news to the well connected, but after the recent announcement on the delay of Office and Vista, I thought this CNET article was interesting. CNET is stating Jeff Raikes is still committed to delivering Office 2007 (includes Office SharePoint Server) in October of this year. The consumer business has to wait until Vista is released in January.

http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-6054088.html?part=rss&tag=6054088&subj=news

I was in Redmond this week attending Office Developer Conference 2006 where Steve Sinofsky co-presented with Bill Gates as keynote. Steve spoke as if he was leading the Office team. Ironic that he was walking around the conference knowing the next day he would be announced as taking over the Vista group. I didn't even hear a whisper before the announcement. I guess I'm just a small IT fish in a big Microsoft ocean.